Should married women go to work?

Do you like your job? Are you self employed? Do you enjoy it? Discuss your work issues, nasty bosses, difficult colleagues, Monday blues and those freaky Fridays with your colleagues.

Should married woman do a job??????

Yes
96%
No
4%

Total votes : 28

Should married women go to work?

Postby noor dhillon » September 4th, 2011, 3:30 pm

Only one question -Married women nu job karni chahidi a ya nai??
Save the Girl Child , She Will Save the World
noor dhillon
Super Wehla

Re: Should married women go to work

Postby Ek0248 » September 4th, 2011, 3:53 pm

Why not? Every women should work, marrige to pehla.. marrige to baad, what diffrence does it make? ...

Everyone should work! Housewife de jamanne gaye!
Ek0248
Uni. di lagg gi hawa

Postby rane » September 4th, 2011, 4:07 pm

Yes.. Married ladies should work!

@Ek: you didn't click yes/no on poll above i guess.
rane
PP Loves this member

Highscores: 2

Postby Ek0248 » September 4th, 2011, 4:08 pm

Main sabh to pehla ohi kitta si..Hehe..
Ek0248
Uni. di lagg gi hawa

Postby rane » September 4th, 2011, 4:11 pm

Oh yeah.. main baad ch dekhia :P
rane
PP Loves this member

Postby nidhaan » September 4th, 2011, 4:19 pm

every woman should work...its as simple as that...marriage ton pehlan ya bad da tan swal hi nai....
ਬੋਝੇ ਦੇ ਵਿਚ ਦੁਖ ਦੇ ਸਿੱਕੇ
ਚਿਤਵਨੀਆਂ ਦੇ ਘੋਗੇ ਸਿੱਪੀਆਂ
ਕੋਕੇ ਕੌਡੀਆਂ ਬੰਟੇ ਪਾਕੇ
ਉੱਤੋਂ ਦੀ ਬਕਸੂਆ ਲਾਈ ਫਿਰਦੇ ......
nidhaan
Uni. di lagg gi hawa

Postby noor dhillon » September 4th, 2011, 6:21 pm

oye meriyeo bhaino,
i mean sisters india,
mai eh thread es karke banaya k kuj orthodox loka di soch a kudi di zimmewaar viah ton baad wadh jaandi a, n kite na kite eh gal sahi a.
ethe apa 4 kudian a, jina cho 2 married a.
so eh sanu best das sakde a k is that so?????
sachi sadi eni zimmewaari wadh jaandi a k sade kol kam karan da time nai hunda????????
noor dhillon
Super Wehla

Postby simi sandhu » September 4th, 2011, 6:59 pm

mere acoording tan karni chahidi ae...eni parhayi kiti ae te fer j ghre ee bethna c tan parhayi di lorh he nai c

sachi sadi eni zimmewaari wadh jaandi a k sade kol kam karan da time nai hunda????????

Time tan kise kol ni hunda bt kdna penda...shuru-shuru ch aukha hunda bad ch ape adjustment ho jandi ae bt family di support honi boht jruri ae ...!!!
Argument Is Bad,But Discussion Is Good, Because,
Argument Is To Find Out Who Is Right
and Discussion Is To Find Out what Is Right
simi sandhu
PP te dadda daddi

Postby noor dhillon » September 4th, 2011, 7:05 pm

lao g, simi dadi da reply aa gya.
eh tan ewe likhrhi a k pata nai kini der ho chuki howe viah karaye nu :P
noor dhillon
Super Wehla

Postby Sarvar_Gill » September 4th, 2011, 11:43 pm

bilkul nahi, Rasoi da kamm kaun karu pher :P
(:
Sarvar_Gill
PP Till i Die

Postby rane » September 5th, 2011, 9:39 am

mere acoording tan karni chahidi ae...eni parhayi kiti ae te fer j ghre ee bethna c tan parhayi di lorh he nai c

yeah.. very true.. ghar de ne ene paise lake padaya.. ki fayada j end ch tusi ghar di safai te rotiya e bnaunia. I'm sorry if that sounds rude. Par there are many factors..

- Personal Will - Bahut kudiya dont like to work. They say ona to ni job hundi..ona ne aish karni aa... and its not that only rich girls think so.. its the general perception. There are many girls from the families with finance issues, who want to sit at home and do domestic work. There are girls from very well off families, who dont need to work for money, but still they do.

- Joint Family - Girl's family, especially the in-laws family play very important role in this decision. J kudi job karni chaunhndi aa her husband should be supportive. J husband ne kehta k koi lod ni job karn di.. gal othe e khatm ho jandi. Husband supportive aa but in laws ni ready.. they want her to be at home..do domestic work, take care of family, make kids, be good bahu. Ethe ki problems aundia apa sareya nu e pta.. if she still works ta v problems if she doesn't ta v.. In case, family has no issues, which generally happens jdo female member of family is already working, it could be mom-in-law or sister-in-law, you wont have any pressure for kids as well. So generally everything goes smooth.

- Nuclear Family - In case, couple add rehnda ta generally job related problems bahut ghat hundia..generally jo main observe kita, first of all mostly, or we can say 90% separate ta job/work kar k e rehnde hone.. so ethe koi issues ni.. But, once you have child, what then..? You dont have your family here with you to take care of the child, unless they move in. At this stage kine Husband-Wife de vich problems start ho jandia. Mutual understanding da role ethe play hunda i guess sab ta jada. If wife is ok job quit karn lai..she wants to take care of her child.. all goes well. If they both really need to work for any reasons and they know that k us to bina sarna ni.. they'll definitely plan out some alternative... family nu bula sakde apne kol, creche is another option, ik full time helper rakh sakde ghar may be hor v options hon hun dimag ch ni aa rea. so matlab all goes well at the end. How child is raised in this situation, us nu proper time milda k nai.. (those are again divergent issues.. i think meri post bahut lambi ho gai aa.. so i should stop here )couple te depend karda. The line could divert both ways..
Ya wife doesn't want to leave her job, dont want to sit at home but husband wants her to quit it and take care of the child.. ethe ho gya problems wala silsila start and it goes on and on..

P.S. This is just my opinion. What i think..what i've observed. So please dont take it other way :angel:
rane
PP Loves this member

Postby noor dhillon » September 5th, 2011, 6:03 pm

rane- tusi tan seriously le gye.........:P

but i totally agree wid u,,,,,,,
ya tan padhaunde na, te ya hun kam karan ton na rokan.
cum on yr women r not confined to 4 walls anymore, we have created this world, so y should we live like slave...............
noor dhillon
Super Wehla

Postby ranjha_fakkar » September 6th, 2011, 12:04 pm

agree with all of you.

a new generation women is aware & wants to show her educational & working skill , she is well educated, and always wants to pursue her dream career. and WHY NOT ? why their parents gave her best education, just to work at home, gossip, TV, Cooking & taking care of the kids ? like jaskiran asked.

Till marriage, the life seems good & home responsibilities are less. mom will always say" beta thakk gayi honi ajj, rest kar lai, kam main appe kar lawangi"

i think, Problem arises with the working mother. wen the gal is married.
@Noor, its not the matter of orthodoxy or broad mindedness . problems usually comes in every family.

my parents, both were working. me & siblings spent the childhood in creche. my mother used to drop us & pick up from the creche everyday. and meanwhile she had to manage the multiple things also. & even at that time, there were no full time maids. she had to do the cleaning the house, cooking, teaching us, taking care of my daadi g.

but the positive thing was, my parents always fulfilled our dreams. no issues for money. and they gave us the best schooling.

the same thing happened with us, we both are working, wen we were blessed with a baby, we were not been able to take care of our kid, so we decided to keep him with my parents at batala. he was brought up by my parents for around 2 years, and we did our job nicely without any kid's liability. it was wonderful for us. but the problem was we didn't come to know the real meaning to up bring or manage the kid. we are still learning.
i think, i got diverted from the topic. sorry

but if we talk about the private jobs for working women "There are a lot of dilemmas that a working woman has to go through. Asked personal questions during an interview about family and marriage, biases for promotions, sexual harassment, lack of flexible working hours, lack of women mentors and bosses in organizations are just to name a few. And even at home a woman has to look after the child no matter how supportive her family or husband is. It is the woman who is blamed if the child does not perform well in school. A working mother is also always eager to get back home as soon as possible- so there are problems of late sittings in office. There is always a guilt factor as it is tough for women to pursue their career dreams. "
SAIKAPIAN
ranjha_fakkar
PP Loves this member

Postby Jaskiran » September 6th, 2011, 12:14 pm

ranjha_fakkar wrote: like jaskiran asked.

:jawdrop: main ki kiha, mera naam kiddan aa gaya :P
:arrow:Join us in the http://www.punjabiportal.com/forum/chat/room on 25-11-2012 (sunday) at 9 pm (IST)
Jaskiran
PP Respects this member

Highscores: 1

Postby rane » September 6th, 2011, 1:09 pm

Yes.. It has always been hard for a lady to work and it will always be the same. This is the one reason women suffer from depression. Women..especially Indian Women are superheroes.. or you can say super heroines, damn.. they manage HUGE responsibilities.. I'm sure wonder woman and bat girl will fall far behind in this category.
rane
PP Loves this member

Postby uknowwho » September 6th, 2011, 1:26 pm

Well in foreign countries everyone has to work, including women and also take care of family. It gets hard.. I'm not married but I work n study and also do house chores.. like cooking n cleaning.. n I do this daily! :)

If Ur hubby is fine with u working.. then don't care about anyone else..:)
uknowwho
BA Fail

Postby ranjha_fakkar » September 6th, 2011, 2:33 pm

Jaskiran wrote:
ranjha_fakkar wrote: like jaskiran asked.

:jawdrop: main ki kiha, mera naam kiddan aa gaya :P

sorry, i was mistaken, it was for "simi sandhu"
simi sandhu wrote:mere acoording tan karni chahidi ae...eni parhayi kiti ae te fer j ghre ee bethna c tan parhayi di lorh he nai c
SAIKAPIAN
ranjha_fakkar
PP Loves this member

Postby yank_brar » September 6th, 2011, 3:20 pm

oye thande ho jo ..tusi ta mahabharat laa ti ethe..i would go one step further...women te job karan hee giya..men should also do house hold chores..they should help their female counterparts in the kitchen..ehde naal kam v jaldi ho janda te ek jane te bojh v nai painda..jida ghar wale ne atta gunh ta te ghar wali ne roti la diti..gharwale ne tadka la ta te gharwali ne sabzi baki dee reh gayi bna diti..and this is my personal experience......then every is balanced ..te every one happy happy.
Sent from my commodore 64 on dial up
yank_brar
Hun Yaar Wehle

Postby uknowwho » September 6th, 2011, 3:25 pm

Doing house chores are not just for women. If women can work outside.. men can also help at home. A lot of couples do this.. I guess. I hope my hubby will help me with house chores as well ;)
uknowwho
BA Fail

Postby ranjha_fakkar » September 6th, 2011, 4:09 pm

agree ajay veer !
Husbands should help their wives in doing household chores be it in the kitchen or doing shopping for fruits, vegetables and groceries.
I don 't think this is a question of male ego being affronted or hurt. It is just mutual understanding and sharing of workload. hubbies can also take the responsibility of kids, teaching them in the evening, get them ready for the school in the morning.

However, there is one small negativity--- wives normally tend to criticise or nag hubbies over the manner in which they might perform in doing the household chores.
I feel that wives must appreciate the gesture of their hubbies in helping them out and not nag them for minor hiccups or imperfections which are bound to remain as men by nature have never done such womanly things in the past.
SAIKAPIAN
ranjha_fakkar
PP Loves this member

Next

Return to Jobs