Chitta Lahoo - Nanak singh ਚਿੱਟਾ ਲਹੂ - ਨਾਨਕ ਸਿੰਘ

Share the new book releases or old books that are worth reading. Books/literature of all languages is accepted here.

Moderator: Sukhjeet Brar

Chitta Lahoo - Nanak singh ਚਿੱਟਾ ਲਹੂ - ਨਾਨਕ ਸਿੰਘ

Postby Luckynimanna » May 25th, 2011, 12:30 am

ਇਹ "ਨਾਨਕ ਸਿੰਘ" ਦਾ ਨਾਵਲ ਹੈ, ਇਹ ਹੈ ਤਾਂ ਬਹੁਤ ਪੁਰਾਣਾ ਪਰ ਬਹੁਤ ਵਧਿਆ ਤਰੀਕੇ ਨਾਲ ਲਿਖਿਆ ਗਿਆ ਹੈ ....

Chitta Lahoo by Nanak Singh
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ਦਿਲ ਵਿੱਚ ਰੱਖ ਕਡਵਾਹਟ ਬੁੱਲਾਂ ਉੱਤੇ ਹਾਸੇ ਨੇ ,
ਲੱਕੀ ਟਿਕ ਕੇ ਵੇਖ ਓ ਇਹੋ ਜਗਤ ਤਮਾਸੇ ਨੇ .....
Luckynimanna
Bacha

Re: Chitta Lahoo - Nanak singh ਚਿੱਟਾ ਲਹੂ - ਨਾਨਕ ਸਿੰਘ

Postby rane » May 25th, 2011, 11:04 am

I have this novel but aje tak read ni kita.. have heard a lot about it.. will try to read it soon
rane
PP Adores this member

Highscores: 2

Postby dollysandhu » May 26th, 2011, 5:47 pm

i loved the cover...you miss such covers in the modern publications.. would love to get hold of it.
Join us on Facebook :

:arrow: PunjabiPortal 's Facebook Page
dollysandhu
PP Nirvana

Postby 5jabiportal » September 16th, 2011, 10:43 am

Did anyone read the whole thing........a punjabi classic, heard a lot about it from the older generation. A serial was made by Jalandhar doordarshan in the 80's based on this novel and also on Madam Dilip Kaur Tiwana's Peelay Patteyan di daastan based on urban marital discord and Eho hamara Jeevna. Hun vi likhda eho jehay novel koi......is it even possible in this day and age of reality shows and never ending soap operas!!!
Old Punjabi Movie Songs

ਮੈਂ ਦੱਸਿਓ ਮਾਰਗ ਸੰਤੋ ਕਿਉਂ ਪ੍ਰਭੂ ਮਿਲਾਈਆਂ॥
5jabiportal
Hun Yaar Wehle

Postby iPunjabi » September 16th, 2011, 5:41 pm

I took punjabi as an optional subject for my 12th board exams, and "Chitta Lahu" was part of the board curriculum. have read it then.
In another thread someone was asking for subject matter for punjabimovies..I think this novel can be translated into a movie. I'm not sure if its already been done?

5jabiportal wrote: Hun vi likhda eho jehay novel koi......is it even possible in this day and age of reality shows and never ending soap operas!!!

Recently I was reading an article in Tribune about "lost art of reading" and if the "books" and the "habbit of reading" will survive against the digital age of ultra short instant information. I liked a particular argument in favour of the books....I'm quoting it below....

"That’s why we need books, and why I believe they will survive. Because most humans have a desire to engage in deep thought and deep concentration. Those muscles are necessary for deep feeling and deep engagement. Most humans don’t just want mental snacks forever; they also want meals. The twenty hours it takes to read a book require a sustained concentration that’s hard to get anywhere else. Sure, you can do that with a DVD boxset too — but your relationship to TV will always ultimately be that of a passive spectator. With any book, you are the co-creator, imagining it as you go. As Kurt Vonnegut put it, literature is the only art form in which the audience plays the score."

So it seems books are here to stay :-)
iPunjabi
Niana

Postby marjana_malook_jeha » March 7th, 2012, 4:45 pm

One of the best pieces of punjabi literature...highly recommended.
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, Sail away from the safe harbor, Catch the trade winds in your sails.
Explore. Dream. Discover.
marjana_malook_jeha
PP naal ho gaya wiah

Return to Books - New Releases and Old