9:15 am - Thursday November 27, 2014

Vardenchi – The Royal Enfield Custom Choppers

Vardenchi Akshai Varde Custom Royal ENfieldCustom Choppers are not an unheard phenomenon if you are from an Occident country (or of you watch a lot of Discovery Turbo), but here in India they pretty much are a rarity especially when the only thing closer to a cruiser we have is a Royal Enfield. Its perhaps the macho image Bullets carry with them that they still sell like hot cakes and are priced higher than a lakh these days. Its amazing how the prices have gone up in a decade, i bought my Standard Bullet 350 for 56,000/- back in 2002. If i sell it now, i can easily get 45,000/- what a good investment of money! Still, the truth be told, RE should upgrade their bikes, at least technology wise, but lately they have been involved in developing a really terrible electronic ignition and have been messing up the best part of the Bullets niche… its design. With new modern mudguards and lot more additions of fancy sports bike meters and all, they have created some really poor bastard children of Bullets and cheap Japanese bikes.

Vardenchi Custom Royal Enfield Motorcycles Bullet 350 modified Bullets in India
Either the guy on left or the right is Akshai Varde… the owner of the Vardenchi

Vardenchi Custom Royal Enfield Motorcycles Bullet 350 modified Bullets in India
Vardenchi’s creation: Dark Side – Yes… that actually is a Royal Enfield Bullet 350

When the parent company is inclined towards netherworlds (with the only redemption seen in the launch of Bullet 500 classic), the hope is rising in the shape of growing culture of custom chopper designers. A huge thanks has to be said to Robbie for posting about it in our forums here. from where i started digging and discovered this great company, which easily is the ace of this breed: Vardenchi owned by Akshai Varde. There is not much of information about Vardenchi and their Flash website really doesn’t have much of juice to be sucked upon with very low res photographs and no information whatsoever and the Blog is in ashes with a few dozen posts to thrive upon. I say to the gods of Motorcycling… Damnation…. we wanteth more…

Vardenchi Custom Royal Enfield Motorcycles Bullet 350 modified Bullets in India canon
Another Bullet 350 modified version called Canon
Vardenchi Custom Royal Enfield Motorcycles Bullet 350 modified Bullets in India Mechanica
Another Bullet 350 modified version called Mechanica

However whatever i have seen at other websites and whatever was offered by the demons at Google, it got me into a phase of loads of respect for these guys, for they no longer are mechanics, but artists. I could never have dreamed Bullets being turned into such brilliant choppers. Initially i wanted to do one article each on every single creation of Vardenchi, but amidst photographs of dimensions of 320 pixels, i couldn’t get even closer. So here is one single generic article about their custom Bullets. However i will post a few articles on their more famous bikes which are available in plenty on net.

Vardenchi Custom Royal Enfield Motorcycles Bullet 350 modified Bullets in India Silver Smoke
Silver Smoke – Another Bullet 350 modified version called
Thats a more recognizable version of Bullet 350 – El Toro Del Diablo – oh yeah reminds me of the game as well

One thing i relaly like about Vardenchi is the way they name their motorcycles, Vedic, Industrial, El Toro Del Diablo, Silver Smoke, Mechanica, Skeletor, Stealth, Dark Night… just a few examples and apparently getting one of these beauties of your own costs around 3-4 lakhs… not much as compared to the American Choppers.

And a totally crazy version of Bullet 350 Batman’s Batpod… (18493)

Filed in: Cars and Bikes, International