10:25 pm - Wednesday April 23, 2014

Bhai Harbans Singh Jagadhari Wale Passed Away

Bhai Harbans Singh Jagadhari Wale Death dead Passed AwayBhai Harbans Singh Jagadhari Wale, a renowned Raagi of Gurbani, died today after a prolonged illness at the DMC hospital Ludhiana. Bhai Harbans Singh (71) is survived by three daughters and a son.

Family sources said his cremation would take place on Monday when his son would come back from US. Born in 1940 near Jhang, now in Pakistan, Harbans Singh came at Jagadhari after the partition and started recited kirtan. He shifted to Ludhiana about 35 years ago. Bhai Harbans Singh has recited hymns of Guru Granth Sahib and had given many music albums to the Sikh panth. One of his popular album is Haal Mureedaan Da Kehna and he had released more than 21 religious hymn albums in his life time.

Bhai Harbans Singh Jagadhari Wale Death dead Passed Away

Bhai Harbans Singh Jagadhari Wale Death dead Passed Away

Bhai Harbans Singh Jagadhari Wale Death dead Passed Away

Bhai Harbans Singh Jagadhari Wale Death dead Passed Away
(3453)

Filed in: Punjabi Articles, Punjabi Personalities

You might also like

Head Stabbing Beats and Useless Lyrics Its really cold outside I am sitting cosy in couch and satisfactorily enjoying this Gurbani album Pilgrim...
Nirmala Panth Nirmala Panth was Started by First Guru, Guru Nanak Dev ji. When Guru Nanak dev ji was at Veiyi River,...
Surinder Kaur Badal Passed Away Surinder Kaur Badal, wife of Punjab Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal, died at the Post-Graduate Institute...
Sikh – Religious Album by Diljit Singh Dosanjh Diljit Dosanjh is soon going to release his new Religious album Sikh. 'Dhaarna' track from the Sikh album...
Sonne Kahlon – Dil Diyan Gallan – The Debut Sonne Kahlon's debut album Dil Diyan Gallan is a mix of different styles fused into the desi genre. This...

25 Responses to “Bhai Harbans Singh Jagadhari Wale Passed Away”

1. Swaran Rehal
    May 16, 2013 at 1:09 pm #

Bhai sahib bhai Harbans Singh jee daa koi raagi mukabla nahin ker sakda!

If someone has a copy of “Ik bhori na vichhod” sung by bhai sahibji, then please load it on Youtube! It was recorded in the early 90s.

It will be highly appreciated.

2. jas
    July 28, 2012 at 12:15 pm #

Great guy. Seen him many times doing kirtan. But most memorable one was him standing along Jalan TAR, Kuala Lumpur (near where Gulati is) during the Nagar Kirtan.

3. ramesh r k thane
    July 7, 2012 at 2:48 pm #

jab bhi dukh ho is bhajan ko suno paap na kar bandiya . jithe meher teri swasa di mala nal simra

4. satinder singh
    May 11, 2012 at 11:53 am #

BAHI HARBANS SINGH JEE:

One of the Gur-Sikh who serve for the Sikh community. for a long period with his melodious voice to sung the Gurbani,

He is one of best Ragai who was having the knowledge to make understand the sadd-sangat to Gurbani -Shabad vichar

.this is big loss to Sikh community, Waheygur jee app jee nu apney chganrno which niwas bakshey

Guru Ka Dass
    satinder singh

• verinder
      May 22, 2012 at 12:31 pm #

He was one of the best raagi who has sung almost all his kirtan from bottom of his heart. His emotions for guru can be felt in each of shabad he has sung. He is the person whose cassete i have listened when i was in 10-12 standard and that is the time my life changed for ever. For the first time i felt love for guru.
      Fateh
      Verinder

5. Baljinder Singh
    April 29, 2012 at 11:53 am #

I had attended one live Kirtan of Babaji and he was unforgetable because of the way his “Heart-touching” voice and way of Katha and Kirtan.
    I just came to know today about this and I am unable to believe. God will do all the justice to pure soul.

6. Dr.A.S.GUjRAL
    February 4, 2012 at 5:42 am #

Bhai Harbans Singhji was a very great Raagi.
    The Vaccum that he has left behind can never be filled.

7. Ram Nichwani
    January 11, 2012 at 7:15 am #

Aap Ki Bahut Yaad Aaty hai.Baroda main FAQIR KI JHOPDI main BABAJI Ki Sangat Aap Ko Bahut Yaad Karti hai.Waguru Ji Se Hamari Yehi Ardas hai Aap Saheb Ko Phir Se Hamaare Pass Bhejain Aur Sewa ka Mauka Dein.WAH BHAI SANTO RAM HI RAM.

8. November 12, 2011 at 7:47 am #

He is was and will be the greatest ever been on earth. If Bollywood was once proud of Kishore Kumar and Mohd Rafi We the Khalsa is proud of Bhai Harbans Singh ji, He will definitely get a place beside Baba Ji to entertain him with his melodious voice. Today, I can say that we need some great people like him to mould the people towards GURBANI. His voice has personally touched my heart. I now know what my destiny is all about on this earth.

• Sarabjit Singh
      November 19, 2011 at 5:06 pm #

After listening to his Kirtan, I had taken to Path and Gurbani, he was my inspiration and will ever remain.

9. Swati
    August 16, 2011 at 9:42 pm #

Oh, just heard about this sad news. I am totally shocked. May his soul rest in peace.

10. NARESH ARORA
    June 25, 2011 at 2:01 pm #

today i opened you tube and see bhai sahib bhai harbans singh ji jagadhari wale passed away i shoked and sorry to see this

11. V Moolchandani
    June 13, 2011 at 5:36 am #

Very very sad to know that Bhai Harbans Singhji passed away. I grew up listening to his melodious voice every morning in India. Luckily, I got a chance to attend one of his live kirtan in Washington DC. May babaji’s soul rest in waheguru’s feet. You will be remembered in our hearts forever and will be sorely missed.
    Satnam.

12. June 1, 2011 at 4:56 pm #

waheguru ji, he ws rely a nice person.he passed away on 13 may 2011 and even d total of this date is 13, the number which is believed 2 be rely lucky in sikh religion.He ws a great source of my dedication to waheguru ji.I will love him till my death. I m totally indebted towards him 4 giving so much love to our family.extremly shocking for me.

13. Kuldeep Gill, Pune
    May 31, 2011 at 10:27 am #

Really its very shock to hear this news… May his soul rest in peace… I still remember I met him in pune personally. I grow up listening to Bhai Harbans Singh ji’s gurbani …Very few people can make impact on others life by way of sweet and simple Kirtan. When I was a little child I used to listen to his Kirtan. It gave me satisfaction and changed my thinking. Today, I can say that we need some great people like him to mould the people towards GURBANI….

Really, Sikh Panth has lost a Gem.

14. May 23, 2011 at 9:28 pm #

Bhai Harbans Singh ji was an icon in the keertani world whos keertan had a unique quality which will seldom be heard again. I have about 3 cassettes of his beautiful keertan from the early 1980s which I will cherish dearly because they meant so much to me then and even more now. May waheguru rest this departed soul…………

15. mira
    May 22, 2011 at 11:52 am #

I am so sad to hear this news… We have lost another great soul.. First Baba Maskin and now Bhai Harbans Ji. I hope they have internal peace and are with god x

16. Pritpal Singh
    May 17, 2011 at 7:53 am #

Very sad, He was Great. Babaji Uhna di Atma nu Shanti den.

17. Avtar Singh, New Delhi
    May 17, 2011 at 3:36 am #

Very few people can make impact on others life by way of sweet and simple Kirtan. When I was a little child I used to listen to his Kirtan. It gave me satisfaction and changed my thinking. Today, I can say that we need some great people like him to mould the people towards GURBANI>
    Really, Sikh Panth has lost a Gem.

18. Pritpal Pabla
    May 16, 2011 at 2:27 pm #

Really very shock to hear this news… May his soul rest in peace… I grow up listening to Bhai Harbans Singh ji’s gurbani …

19. Baljeet
    May 16, 2011 at 3:55 am #

Waheguruji ka Khalsa Waheguruji ki Fateh. It is very sad & shock to hearing about his death. We will miss his heart touching & soothing voice.

Jithe Mehar Teri othe sada khushiyan,
    Swasan di mala naal simran main tera naam………..
    Jaag Amrit wela hoya and lots more…………

May the soul take peace in waheguru ji feet. We love you and miss you bhai sahib ji.

20. Lakhvir Kaur
    May 15, 2011 at 7:38 pm #

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa
    Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh,

Jo hukam waheguru ka.. “Guramukh laahaa lai geae manamukh chalae mool gavaae jee” (The Gurmukhs reap their profits and leave, while the self-willed manmukhs lose their investment and depart).. Will definitely his soulful voice immersed in waheguru’s praises. Tuhe Hai Waaho Teri Rajaye…

21. May 15, 2011 at 6:25 pm #

waheguru ji ka khalsa waheguru ji ki fateh i am very sad after hearing about his death hearing his sweet tender voice on cassettes and the radio made me feel happy.

a very nice person whatever god has he must take back what is his.

god is everywhere people do thing but forget to meditate on the waheguru

22. Gulshandeep singh
    May 15, 2011 at 8:30 am #

It hurts me somewhere as I admit here that he is one person I remember as his cassette, I buy it from the market in DHARMIC version, his voice is so much convincing and honey coated ……………….I always miss u in somewhere

JITHE MEHAR TERI UTHE SADA KHUSHIAAN, SDAa NAAM JAPO GURU NANAK DA, TUHANU MILANGE LOK PARLOK DE SUKH.

I am blessed that Bhai sahab is the one that turn something in me………………………..WAHEGURU
    May GOD obsessed peace to his soul…..Bhai sahib is always there somewhere near us

23. May 15, 2011 at 7:51 am #

Bhai Harbans Singh ji , voice, his presence at any samagam make it really great baani of guru granth sahib ji is sung by many kirtani but the simplicity and melody that bhai harbans singh ji gave and hearing again and again to the shabads sung by satkar jog bhai sahib ji will be in mind of every gursikh in future also he will be heard by many many generations ahead will be always remembered in time ahead and always be missed by me i really learned very much from him love to hear him. May the soul take peace in waheguru ji feet. we love you bhai sahib ji.